Thursday, July 17, 2008

Work and Play Together





My brother Steve is the one with the puffy ankle, just in case the hairy legs didn't tip you off!

The Cook doesn't look tired does she?
"Just don't ask me to smile, I'm too tired."

My mom (see Cook above) used to sing this song to us when we were little.

"When we work and play together
In a kind and friendly way
Taking turns and sharing play things
We will have a happy day"

Dorky, but cute.Well, my brother and I had a chance to relive our childhood song and we worked and played together! My mom and I and my 2 youngest daughters, went to Laguna Niguel to help Steve unpack boxes, move furniture in and get some things into cupboards. It was quite a bit of work. Especially when I was the only other 'muscle' he had to pick up a new washer and dryer. Yikes!
Wonderful sticky notes, to know what's in each cupboard.

But we had time to play too. The girls got to swim, we had lunch out and Tuesday we went to Disneyland. It was pretty quiet there until about 5pm. I think the crowds thought they'd beat the heat and come later in the day, but it didn't really even cool down.

Aahh, Dole pineapple whips to cool down!

Watching the girl cousins together was so sweet. See Lizzy's blog for her idea of fun in Disneyland. And see our FAST PASS!! (mom and her wheelchair, no waiting in lines!)

3 comments:

Susan G said...

How fun! It will be so nice for you to have them closer!!! Ok, I wanna see pictures of your kitchen! Is it done????

KRay said...

OK, I'll admit that I sometimes sing that dorky song to my kids....much to their annoyance;)

Tanya said...

Can I have the tune to 'dorky song'? I wanna sing it!
Thanks for your beautiful words on my blog, you really encouraged me.
And I LOVE the sticky notes to tell where everything goes. now why did I never think of that?
Okay, off to read the other blog you instructed us to read!