Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh, C'est la Vie

It's been too long since I've spoken la langue francaise. But I'm so excited to have the opportunity next week to start a beginning French class (redundant, non?) at our home school co-op. I've loved the resources available now on the internet. C'est formidable! (neat) I have to share my favorite read right now. I think I was so drawn to her when I first read her blog because she mentioned being a 'desert rat'. Must be an Arizonan. Sure enough, she went to ASU, as did I, and she now resides with her husband and 2 children in la belle Provence! C'est merveilleux. Her book has practical and charming accounts of her everyday life. I love how she laughs at herself, having her children and husband also laughing. She's just plain cute.

Lessons in love and language from the South of France

Check out her blog if you're interested. And you can even hear a daily pronunciation from her native hubby.

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I would love to take lessons with Katie.
That book sounds wonderful!

Seven's Heaven said...

Just take a little 'voyage' to la Belle Arizona from chilly Wisconsin! How about for le Bowl Supre?

Katie and Lizzy would hit it off.

familygregg said...

We are excited for francais tomorrow!