Thursday, April 19, 2007

Emma Beatrix's Favorite Books



My name is Emma Beatrix and I'm 9. One of my favorite books is the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I like it because I like the way the character of each of the 3 children comes out when they get into Narnia. I think the way they act can relate to other families. I also think it's cool that C.S.Lewis was a Christian and you don't really know it in the books. In the story Edmond sins and there is a price to be paid. Aslan sacrifices himself just like Jesus did. My favorite character is Lucy. I like her because she is very brave, never lies, and she is always willing to help her friends and family.


Another book I just read is Helen Keller by Margaret Davidson. What I liked reading about her is that she was so confident even though she was blind and deaf. She was determined to speak even though she had never spoken before. She wanted to go to Harvard but ended up at Radcliffe and neither school was for blind students. I didn't understand how her mother loved her so much but yet wouldn't let Annie Sullivan teach her. It was amazing to me that she could tell which trees were which and knew the names of them, by feeling them. When Helen was 6, she could tell by feeling the floor, who was coming. That's when her teacher first came. She eventually wanted to do everything other people did and more. She even became a good horseback rider. A famous quote of hers is "the best and most beautiful things in the world, can't be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."



In the Palm of His Hand,

Emma Beatrix

3 comments:

familygregg said...

Wonderful reviews, Emma! We haven't read any of The Lion , The Witch and The Wardrobe series but the girls did enjoy the film. We too have read about Helen Keller and we went to see a play called, The Miracle Worker put on by Moezart. She sure was a fanatastic lady, very determined and brave. Thank you for reminding me.

Mrs. Gregg

Ginger said...

Good job with your review Emma. I really did appreciate your insight in to all the characters.

Mrs. Dunham

JJS said...

I loved your books reviewed so that I was reminded how the author Lewis and Helen Keller were used by God. You can to see the stage play of the Lion..the last Wed in June.
Did you kow that Karen quoted Helen's famous saying too when she had to be deaf one day and sent us her power point of it. Write and ask her or your Mom probably still has it.