Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Power of Words


"I can pass on a curse or a blessing to those I will never know". That's the song my childhood friend and I will sing in church this Sunday. To our children, or anyone else we connect with, we never know what effect we will have on the future. Will our words break down or build up others, do we instill unity or strife? We have to choose our words so carefully because the tongue yields such power. At Homemakers by Choice today, my friend taught on the power of words. It was poignant for Mother's Day. Our children remember even the smallest slip of the tongue yet they forget when we tell them something quite urgent like taking out the trash! Lord, may my words be like incense rising up to You, pleasing You and enriching the lives of those I come in contact with.

No comments: